École des Roches, an IB world school
École des Roches has been recognised as an IB world school since the 11th of June 2016 and it is authorised to offer the International Baccalaureate diploma program in French and other languages. The pupil may attend courses only in French, English or both languages in order to get a bilingual diploma.
IB mission statement
The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
© International Baccalaureate Organization
IB Mission Statement
Educational methods at Ecole des Roches
The IB Diploma Programme is taught to high standards by well resourced and highly qualified teaching staff. Students should choose this course if it suits to their ambitions and circumstances.
The IB Diploma Programme
• Is a two year course
• Is probably the most rigorous academic programme of its type in the world
• Is taught almost entirely in English
• Is the best possible preparation for university both in France or abroad
• Is recognised as a direct entrance qualification by most overseas universities and major
private universities in France.
Students will study:
Six subject groups:
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and societies
The three core elements are:
- Theory of knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
- The extended essay, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
- Creativity, activity, service (CAS), in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.