Pre-IB and International Baccalaureate
École des Roches, an IB world school
École des Roches has been recognised as an IB world school since the 11th of June 2016 and it is authorised to offer the International Baccalaureate diploma program in French and other languages. The pupil may attend courses only in French, English or both languages in order to get a bilingual diploma.
IB mission statement
The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
© International Baccalaureate Organization
IB Mission Statement
École des Roches is an IB Diploma Programme World School offering the International Baccalaureate to multi-national students aged 16 to 19 years old.
École des Roches prepares students for the IB curriculum as soon as they start high school with the International l0th grade. The goal of the the International 10th grade is to give students the foundation they need to succeed in their advanced studies, particularly abroad.
The international 10th grade:
The International 10th grade prepares students for the International Baccalaureate diploma program in French or English.
- To introduce students to the International Baccalaureate evaluation criteria and assess them on that particular basis
- To study English and Visual Arts with the learners of the International Baccalaureate
- To enable progress in English with Physics and Chemistry lessons
- To identify the strengths of learners and select materials for the degree in correlation with the post-IB project
- To help students and their parents through guidance given by the college counsellor
- To devote time to artistic and sports activities
- To develop investigative and research skills
- To be creative
To work on the principles practices and philosophy of the IB
The International Baccalaureate preparation
We help students who are considering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program by working closely with them to enable them to integrate the most prestigious universities in the world.
The International Baccalaureate philosophy:
The IB world school share a common philosophy: they want to improve teaching and learning for pupils coming from all over the world, by offering stimulating and high quality international education programs that rest on a solid vision. Only the authorised institutions, through IB, can offer one of the 4 programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP) and the Career Related Programme (CP).
Educational methods at Ecole des Roches
The IB Diploma Programme is taught to high standards by well resourced and highly qualified teaching staff. Students should choose this course if it suits to their ambitions and circumstances.
The IB Diploma Programme
• Is a two year course
• Is probably the most rigorous academic programme of its type in the world
• Is taught almost entirely in English
• Is the best possible preparation for university both in France or abroad
• Is recognised as a direct entrance qualification by most overseas universities and major
private universities in France.
Students will study:
Six subject groups:
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and societies
The three core elements are:
- Theory of knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
- The extended essay, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
- Creativity, activity, service (CAS), in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.