A bilingual education for today's global child
All the classes held at this unique primary school are tailored to meet the specific needs of every pupil, ensuring each child receives the personal attention they need to develop their core skills in:
From 1st to 5th grade, all our educational programs meet and exceed the benchmarks of National Education to prepare our pupils for the next step in their academic journey.
Our primary teaching combines traditional methods of study with the latest innovations in education, such as video projectors and interactive whiteboards to stimulate and support all our young learners. Any student who needs a little help in core subjects are also supported by regular tutoring.
|Reading||Syllabic method for developing spelling skills|
|French||Spelling and grammar, verb conjugation, vocabulary, written expression, poetry|
|Civic education||Duties and rights of children in society|
||Daily good manners lessons|
|Mathematics||Use of software, numbering, operations, reasoning, geometry|
|Mental arithmetic||15 minutes of daily training, as recommended by the French Ministry of Education|
|Experimental sciences||Use of physics, chemistry and biology laboratories|
|Early-learning activities||History, geography, sciences|
As a bilingual primary school in Normandy, France, we offer early language learning to give our young learners the very best chance of success in today's globally connected world.
From the earliest grades, our students take six English courses per week taught by a native English teacher. As with all the lessons in the primary school at École des Roches, the focus is on fun and teaching your child by stimulating all their senses. This includes:
- Manual exercises, such as colouring, collages, drawings and writing
- Listening, watching and repeating to memorise
- Expression through singing, mime and body language
- Plenty of games, like lotto, riddles and oral exercises
- Oral comprehension with audio cassettes and storytelling
- Fun activities, such as cooking workshops, tea-time and nature walks
- And that’s not all. All our primary level learners also study an introductory Spanish course for one hour per week, whilst Chinese and Russian language studies are an additional option.
Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
We believe a rich and varied range of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities has an important part to play in helping your child identify and develop their talents and build their confidence from an early age.