French as a Foreign Language
Ecole des Roches welcomes international, non-French-speaking students aged 11 to 18 years-old who come to learn French or to improve their French and immerse themselves in French culture for a full year or a shorter stay (from three weeks to six months).
The intensive program allows its learners to live a rich and unforgettable experience in a warm and friendly atmosphere:
- by practising the language in small class (around 15 students per class) and at the boarding school with French students thanks to a wide range of cultural, social and sporting activities.
- by validating their knowledge of French by obtaining the DELF diploma (excellent success rate)
- by taking immersion courses in middle school or high school
- by discovering French heritage and tourist highlights by taking part in a cultural excursion every two weeks
- by soaking up the French way of life.
- by closing the school year with the participation of students and teachers in a voyage of discovery of a French region.
Each year, at the end of a school year in FFL, about 30% of our students continue their studies in our school to prepare for the French Baccalaureate or the International Baccalaureate IBDP with an excellent success rate.
During their stay, students in the French as a Foreign Language programme also enjoy 2 excursions per month to visit the main French cultural sites: Paris, the Louvre Museum, the Tuileries Garden, the Arc de Triomphe, the Opéra Garnier, the Château de Versailles, etc...
“It has been 1,5 years my child study in Ecole des Roches. I went to school before, I felt it is a perfect learning environment. After 1,5 years, I feel she grows up, becomes more mature, more smile on her face and healthier. My child is progressing daily.”