École des Roches is proud to support the Varkey Foundation, our chosen charitable partner.
The not-for-profit campaigner for change has committed to the following projects:
- Training teachers in a more student-centric approach in Uganda
- Supporting the professional development of teachers in Palestine
- Helping teachers in Kenya and Lesotho to teach science, technology and mathematics to girls and women
- Educating students in Ghana via the country's first interactive distance-learning project
- Rebuilding a school in the Kenyan slum of Kibera
- Providing clean water and toilets in 25 schools in Tanzania with Dubai Cares and Oxfam
- Establishing ten low cost science centres in India with Pratham
- Rebuilding ten schools in Pakistan that were destroyed by floods with Dubai Cares and Oxfam
- Providing schools meals to improve access to education in India
- Supporting the UNICEF Schools for Asia programme in Philippines, Papua New Guinea, India, Nepal and Vietnam.
By taking part, GEMS students learn about global issues and their global impact.
For every child enrolled at a GEMS school, we aim to impact the lives of 100 underprivileged children in our world.
To find out more about how the Varkey Foundation changes lives through education, visit their website or connect with them on Twitter and Facebook.