Nearly 100% Baccalaureate success
Intensive preparation for the French Diploma is the cornerstone of this unique international school in Normandy, France.
We are proud to say that at Ecole des Roches, our pupils have an exceptional success rate of more than 97 percent for the French Baccalaureate, putting us amongst the very best high schools in France.
The French Diploma itself is a comprehensive and extremely well thought of qualification that prepares students for the demands of higher education, and is accepted by prestigious colleges and universities in France and all over the world.
To prepare all our students for these rigorous exams, we offer regular and progressive training for high school seniors, which includes:
- 3 mock exams sat under formal examination conditions (written and oral)
- Dozens of oral tests on all subjects throughout the academic year
- 1 written test per week on the core subjects
AFT: Anticipated French Tests
In the 11th grade, our students sit 5 oral tests and 5 written tests, including the preparation sessions in February and at Easter.
Mathematics target: In each session the student completes a mathematical puzzle that has been ongoing since the 10th grade.
Philosophy target: The teacher reviews and examines the essay and commentary methodology in groups of 4.
Theatre and visual arts: 11th and 12th grade students can choose to study theatre and visual arts as part of the International Baccalaureate curriculum. The École des Roches is an official examination centre for the IB.
The goals of our international school in Normandy, France, are to:
- Prepares students for the Anticipated French Tests
- Achieve success rates of 93 to 96.5 percent at the International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Receive examination distinctions
- Prepare our students for university by raising their awareness of the higher education requirements
- Provide vocational guidance and assistance
We achieve this through:
- Intensive work
- Balanced school time, regular in-class examinations, mock tests, daily studies and personal follow-ups for each student
- The personal discovery of new chapters before classes
- Mastering writing techniques
- Regular and progressive training for Baccalaureate exams
- Intellectual competitions
- The Olympiads proposed in history, geography, mathematics, biology and Russian; and inter-houses contests, chess tournaments and more...
What makes us different?
- Personal follow-ups
- The identification of our students’ strengths, weaknesses and skills, and contracts of engagement that are drawn up for students who require closer monitoring
- Added value by learning foreign languages
- Embracing new technologies
Intensive Study Courses
Find out more about the intensive study courses for all our high school students.
If there's anything else you'd like to know about our rigorous preparation for the International Baccalaureate Diploma examinations, we'd be delighted to help, so please get in touch with our helpful team.